...your own WordPress website that reflects your business, on a platform that grows with your business
I will handle all the techy stuff to take away the learning curve with creating your website, allowing you to focus on choosing a starting point then designing the pages how you like and adding the content.
When you're happy with what you have created, I do a bit more of the techy stuff to make it live for you.
You get your own WordPress website that reflects your business, on a platform that grows with your business.
Have a website you've outgrown?
If you started your business with a website on another platform, such as Wix, Squarespace or the like, we can leave that untouched while you create your new one.
I will handle everything involved with moving to the new platform for you.
Never had a website?
Not a problem. I provide you with a launch page available to your visitors. You can order your business cards and start to promote your business while you work on your website behind the scenes.
Does this sound familiar?
- You're confused by the maze of options available when you want to start your own website.
You want to have something that you can produce quickly to show to interested visitors but there's so much to learn and juggle.
- You want to spend your valuable time building your business and performing chargeable work rather than working out which host to choose for your website
- You don't have the budget for a professional to do it all for you, but you're willing to spend some money and some time to actually develop it yourself. But instead you find yourself wondering whether to go with Wix or Squarespace or WordPress. You know that you'll probably outgrow some of those options. You think that you'll make do with the free version, but end up paying a monthly fee. Other options can be limited in other ways and tie you to a particular host; similarly you'll outgrow them.
- So you know WordPress is very flexible as it has lots of themes and software. It's used by almost a third of the websites in the world so something must be right.
- But again, you're spending your valuable time researching what host, how to install it, how to make it work, what page builder to use, what plugins (software) you need, trying different things - and all this time you're spending? You just want to be creating content, laying it out in a visually appealing manager and choosing suitable images.
- You don't want to show your visitors a part-developed site.
You do want to show them a little information about your business.
What if I do all that techy stuff for you?
If you don't have a website at the moment, I'll provide you with a launch page so that your visitors can find out a little more about your business, contact you or sign up to your mailing list.
I provide you with a basic WordPress website, where the software you'll need is already installed. It's ready for you...
You can choose a starter site then customise it to your own business - all behind the scenes so that it's only released to your visitors when it's ready.
You'll have daily backups for the first three months so that you can go back to one if you need to.
Training videos are provided for you to watch as you need, and I am available for quick Zoom meetings to show you anything outside that.
This is for you if...
- You're up for working on your website yourself, but don't want the headache of the initial setup and research needed to navigate the maze of options available.
- You have some budget for the website development but don't feel able yet to afford professional help for all of it.
- You want a solution which will grow with your business - you don't want to have to start from scratch down the line because you can't add that booking system.
This is not for you if...
- You're a technophobe.
- You want someone else to do it all for you.
- You're not bothered whether you have to start from scratch in the future.
What's the process?
- Choose and register your domain name, and set up your email address, if you don't have these already
- I create and configure a WordPress website for you with recommended plugins to help you put together your website. It will have
- all the technical stuff done for you
- a contact form incorporating a mailing list subscription option.
- a user for you so that you can log in and develop your content.
- a launch page allowing you to present a professional face to your visitors
- You provide me with a brief description of your business, your contact details and a suitable image to be used as a background
- I customise your launch page so that your visitors can learn a little about your business, contact you, and sign up to your mailing list if they want.
- I'll set up daily backups for the first three months so that you can go back to one if you need to.
Provided I have all I need from you, this should all take a week or two, allowing for domain name propagation.
Three months after start of project we'll review where you are. If all is well we can start a hosting and maintenance charge which would include any further backups you may need.
In her words...
What you get
- A WordPress website configured and installed for you
- recommended plugins to help you put together your website
- All the technical stuff done for you
- Customised launch page to hide part-developed website from visitors while allowing them to learn a little about your business, contact you, and giving them the option of signing up to your mailing list.
- Hosting and daily backups for the first three months, designed to cover the period where you are actively developing your website.
After the first three months, hosting will be £18 per month.
That includes premium versions of the software that is installed, giving you the widest choice of starter sites and options. It's much less in terms of cost and hassle than buying your own licences.