...create your own website that reflects your business, on a platform that grows with your business
I will handle all the techy stuff to take away the learning curve with creating your website, allowing you to focus on choosing a starting point then designing the pages how you like and adding the content.
When you're happy with what you have created, I do a bit more of the techy stuff to make it live for you.
You get your own WordPress website that reflects your business, on a platform that grows with your business.
Have a website you've outgrown?
If you started your business with a website on another platform, such as Wix, Squarespace or the like, we can leave that untouched while you create your new one.
I will handle everything involved with moving to the new platform for you.
Never had a website?
Not a problem. I provide you with a single page that will be available to your visitors.
You can order your business cards and start to promote your business while you work on your website behind the scenes.
Does this sound familiar?
- You're confused by the maze of options available when you want to start your own website.
You want to have something that you can produce quickly to show to interested visitors but there's so much to learn and juggle.
- You don't want to work out what host to choose for your website.
You want to spend your valuable time building your business and performing chargeable work.
- You don't have the budget for a professional to do it all for you.
You're willing to spend some money and some time to actually develop it yourself. But rather than creating your content you find yourself wondering whether to go with Wix or Squarespace or WordPress.
You know that you'll probably outgrow some of those options.
You think that you'll make do with the free version, but end up paying a monthly fee.
Other options can be limited in other ways and tie you to a particular host; similarly you'll outgrow them.
- So you know WordPress is very flexible as it has lots of themes and software. It's used by almost a third of the websites in the world so something must be right.
But again, you're spending your valuable time researching what host, how to install it, how to make it work, what page builder to use, what plugins (software) you need, trying different things - and all this time you're spending? You just want to be creating content, laying it out in a visually appealing manner and choosing suitable images.
- You don't want to show your visitors a part-developed site.
You do want to show them a little information about your business.
What if I do all that techy stuff for you?
If you don't have a website at the moment, I'll provide you with a single page so that your visitors can find out a little more about your business, contact you or sign up to your mailing list.
If you do have a website, we can leave that alone and then I'll handle everything involved in migrating to your new one when you're ready.
I provide you with a basic WordPress website, where the software you'll need is already installed. It's ready for you...
You can choose a starter site then customise it to your own business - all behind the scenes so that it's only released to your visitors when it's ready.
You'll have daily backups for the first few months so that you can go back to one if you need to.
Training videos are provided for you to watch as you need, and I am available for quick Zoom meetings to show you anything outside that.
This is for you if...
- You're up for working on your website yourself, but don't want the headache of the initial setup and research needed to navigate the maze of options available.
- You have some budget for the website development but don't feel able yet to afford professional help for all of it.
- You want a solution which will grow with your business - you don't want to have to start from scratch down the line because you can't add that booking system.
This is not for you if...
- You're a technophobe.
- You want someone else to do it all for you.
- You're not bothered whether you have to start from scratch in the future.
How does it work?
If you don't already have a domain name and associated email address, I'll help you getting this all set up.
You provide me with a brief description of your business, your contact details and a suitable image to be used as a background.
I will use this when I'm setting up your initial page.
I create and configure a WordPress website for you with recommended plugins to help you put together your website. It will have
- a selection of starter sites for you to use as a starting point
- a contact form incorporating a mailing list subscription option.
- a user for you so that you can log in and develop your content.
- scheduled daily backups so we can restore a previous version if needed.
I create a single page so that any visitors can learn a little about your business, contact you, and sign up to your mailing list if they want, while you do the next bit.
If you have an existing website, you won't need this initial page. Instead, I will handle all the migration and redirections needed to transition to your new website smoothly.
I aim to get to this stage within two weeks of you providing all I have requested.
This is your bit.
Choose a starting point then customise it to your liking and add your content and images.
Create Google Analytics and Search Console accounts which will help in the future.
Support and Review
Training videos will be available from your website to help you as you need.
Outside of this, we can have short video conferencing calls to show you anything you are struggling with.
After a few months we'll review where you are and hopefully be able to proceed to the final stages.
In the final stages, I will integrate your Google Analytics and Search Console accounts, and recreate your site on the production server.
I'll launch it for you then test and tweak the final version, eg to make sure your contact form is working as expected.
In her words...
What you get
- A WordPress website created and configured for you
- recommended plugins to help you put together your website
- a choice of starter sites from which you can start to add your own content and images
- Initial page to show business information and contact details to any site visitors while you are adding your content behind the scenes.
Alternatively I will handle the transition from your existing website
- Support via training videos and conferencing calls while you are adding your content.
- Daily backups to allow us to restore to an earlier version if required.
- Recreation of your finished website on its production server
5% discount for full upfront payment, meaning that cost you pay is £475.
Otherwise you can split the payment into two monthly instalments.
After launch, the monthly hosting and maintenance fee covers your hosting, updates and weekly backups.
Ready to find out more?
Whether you're ready to get started, or need to know more before you decide that this is right for you, book a call with me and we can discuss how to proceed.